Installation of Electrical Conduits for the Electrical Supply IndustryApril, 2020
Electricity is extremely important for homes and commercial facilities. So, it is just fitting for the electrical supply industry to protect its components from any possible failures and mishaps. One component that can help the industry distribute stable power is electrical conduits. They are normally used to protect and route electrical wiring in a building or structure.
How to Manage Electrical Risks during an Underground Cable Installation?March 27, 2020
All projects that involve laying electrical cable underground must be performed safely. Since this type of project can pose risks to people, objects or even plants if any of them come too close to the underground cable, the installers must know how to manage the electrical risks efficiently. For this reason, we provide you some suggestions on how to accomplish this successfully.
How Engineers and Construction Managers Benefit from Directional BoringMarch 13, 2020
The utility, gas, oil and construction industries are examples of the entities that rely on directional boring to prepare their sites for the necessary electrical wires, cables or pipes for a specific project. This non-trenching method of digging is also known as horizontal drilling, horizontal directional drilling and other names.
Why Do You Need an Earthing System in an Electrical Network?February 21, 2020
Many elements go into creating an effective electrical network for both commercial and residential properties. One such element that is a necessity is an earthing system to ensure that this network is properly grounded. Through grounding or earthing an electrical system or network, you ensure that it transfers any immediate electricity discharge directly to a special pipe or plate to keep this powerful source of energy safe to use.
Top Excavation Safety Hazards to Keep in MindFebruary 7, 2020
Before any new construction project can take place on a site, professionals must excavate the area to prepare it properly. This action includes such tasks as clearing debris, rocks and topsoil from the area as well as grading, digging trenches and more. While some of these jobs are done manually, others require heavy equipment to get the tasks done correctly.
Avoid Excavation Mishaps: Hire Only VEDN Accredited ContractorsJanuary 20, 2020
Excavation services, those that unearth long, narrow ground trenches, really should be conducted by VEDN accredited contractors. If the goal was to dig one deep hole, a soil opening that didn't hold a team of utility workers, then things would be considerably different. A fence support or lamp post or tree root system would sink delicately into the hole, and then there's some backfilling work to do. Job finished, everyone would pack up and head back to the work depot. Trenches are worksites, though, not empty holes.
The Importance of Having an Underground Asset Location Checklist Prior to an Excavation ProjectJanuary 9, 2020
When excavation projects need a healthy dose of operational discipline, they employ Underground Asset Location Checklists. Before a single tool is pulled out of a work van, this project aid is right there, on-hand to ensure a systematically run job. Granted, such assignment organizing aids might not benefit simpler work tasks, but then below ground services are rarely straightforward. Given that fact, underground assets need to be carefully tracked.
- Installation of Electrical Conduits for the Electrical Supply Industry
- How to Manage Electrical Risks during an Underground Cable Installation?
- How Engineers and Construction Managers Benefit from Directional Boring
- Why Do You Need an Earthing System in an Electrical Network?
- Top Excavation Safety Hazards to Keep in Mind
- Avoid Excavation Mishaps: Hire Only VEDN Accredited Contractors
- The Importance of Having an Underground Asset Location Checklist Prior to an Excavation Project
- The Importance of Design Integrity for Substation Transformer Foundation
- Pipeline Construction Process After Council Permits are Granted
- View all articles…
- Hot Water Tapping and Backflow Prevention Services in Melbourne
- Electrical Grid Connection Services in Melbourne: What does this Job Entail?
- View all articles…
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Surveyor in Construction
- Benefits of Underground Electricity Connections versus Overhead Powerline Connections
- View all articles…