The Importance of Choosing Qualified Experts in Trenching and Digging Construction ProjectsNovember 22, 2016
The ground beneath your feet may look like plain dirt, but it's actually an earthy medium for a network of pipes and cables. Anyone could pick up a shovel and start digging down, but, in all likelihood, the widening hole will expose one of these hidden lines. That's just one of the reasons why this work is reserved for qualified experts. Let's see what the professionals consider before they even pick up a tool and begin their digging construction projects.
It's All So Inefficient
When a casual weekend warrior takes his chances, he digs his trench with a shovel and a few hand tools. No shoring goes into the trench, and there's definitely no finesse about the work. The extended hole might even reach its desired depth, but that only makes a collapse more likely. An expert craftsman has access to mini diggers and special boring tools, all of the specialized gear that gets the task done quickly and, more importantly, safely.
A Danger to Underground Utilities
The next guideline saves lives every day. No unqualified digger should ever just recklessly dig a hole in an area where a complex infrastructure exists. The reason for this warning isn't exactly hard to discern, not when you consider the pipes, cables, and wires that snake through the ground. They're sunk at a relatively safe depth, but that safety factor goes out the window when you blindly dig down. Fortunately, when you choose qualified experts, they arrive armed with special detection instruments. These tools are a little like metal detectors, except they're designed to find electrical cables, pipes, and communications lines. Once traced, the underground channels are then marked so that diggers don't damage them.
Protect Property and Construction Services
An incautiously excavated trench could collapse and injury the digger. Similarly, a damaged earthing pit will leave the ground continuity rating compromised so that electrical shocks in nearby structures will cause potentially fatal shocks before the circuit breaker trips. Meanwhile, gas lines represent an explosive threat while an open septic line will undoubtedly poison the local environment.
When digging construction projects in municipal areas, the right permits and the right digging equipment are employed so that the utility lines are excavated according to nationally enforced guidelines. City services remain mostly uninterrupted because professionals are at work. Still, a stubborn amateur may be tempted to excavate a pit between his home and his shed or garage. Don't contemplate this action, not when you could blindly hit a gas or electricity line, a utility service that could cause you or the environment serious harm.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Different Types of Water Distribution Systems, Common Problems and Solutions
- Trenching and Loading Tips for Excavator Operators
- Essential Features of a Traffic Management Plan
- Everything You Need to Know About Directional Drilling
- Understanding Some Basic Information about Pit and Pipe Installation Services
- Underground Electrical Transmission Cables for Electricity Connections
- What are the Different Types of Earthing Systems Used in Electrical Installation?
- Understanding Underground Asset Location: Why is this Done?
- The Importance of Soil and Backfilling for Underground Cables
- What is the Main Purpose of Electrical Earthing or Grounding?
- An Overview about Underground Cabling and Wiring Systems
- Non-Destructive Trenching Services and Civil Works for Melbourne Projects
- Excavation Work: Managing and Reducing Risks
- Installation of Electrical Conduits for the Electrical Supply Industry
- How to Manage Electrical Risks during an Underground Cable Installation?
- How Engineers and Construction Managers Benefit from Directional Boring
- Why Do You Need an Earthing System in an Electrical Network?
- Top Excavation Safety Hazards to Keep in Mind
- Avoid Excavation Mishaps: Hire Only VEDN Accredited Contractors
- The Importance of Having an Underground Asset Location Checklist Prior to an Excavation Project
- The Importance of Design Integrity for Substation Transformer Foundation
- Pipeline Construction Process After Council Permits are Granted
- View all articles…
- Hot Water Tapping and Backflow Prevention Services in Melbourne
- Electrical Grid Connection Services in Melbourne: What does this Job Entail?
- View all articles…
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Surveyor in Construction
- Benefits of Underground Electricity Connections versus Overhead Powerline Connections
- View all articles…